My Radiant Moon

Image courtesy of Josephine Wall

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Glitter

Glitter, those little shiny bits of color that make you smile. I am a glitter magnet. I admit it. Any time I am near it, I end up with some stuck somewhere on me. I don't have to touch it, just be in the general vicinity of any item containing it and low and behold, there it is. Either stuck to my face or my hair. It is very sneaky. It's so light you don't know you have it until someone says "Excuse me but you have some glitter on your face". Then being embarrassed, you try to get it off. Is there such a thing as self gluing glitter? It doesn't want to come off so there must be. And even if you think you have it and are done getting it off, you turn your face in the mirror to check all angles and there it is. Hiding in plain site on your cheek or the side of your nose. I usually give up at this point and just let it shine as if I put it there on purpose. You can't fight the glitter fairy so you might as well turn it into something positive. The next time someone tells you that there is glitter on your face, just smile and say "Oh this is a new style I am trying out. Do you like it?" So there, Glitter Fairy!

No comments:

Post a Comment