My Radiant Moon

Image courtesy of Josephine Wall

Friday, March 1, 2013

Working and Retirement

I am still having a difficult time adjusting to retirement. I have a bit of anxiety when I think I have to get to work. I don't want to be late. Then it hits me, I don't have to go back to work. I worked for over 45 years and now it is time for me to rest. But I can't, I say to myself. And the argument starts. lol

So I have my crafts to keep me busy along with a wonderful man and two adorable kitties to love and care for.  I have a craft room where I have all my lovely items that I use for various creations. I make greeting cards, ATC's, journaling, and my favorite Polymer Clay. I haven't done clay work for a while. I thing my muse went on strike. I couldn't come up with anything new. I don't like to copy others and I just couldn't come up with anything. Recently my muse came back and I am beginning to get my clay together and drawing out plans for my new ventures. Soon I will be posting some new items in my Etsy shop.

This summer I will have a garden. I am excited about it. I want lots of tomato plants for sure. And of course carrots, lettuce and other things. Zucchini, red peppers, cukes and the list goes on. It won't be a big garden but a little of this and a little of that. In a couple of weeks we will get some manure to amend the soil and get the garden all tilled and ready. I can't wait to wear my garden hat and get busy!

So, that is what I am doing to keep myself from worrying about not working. It is so difficult to change a lifetime routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment