My Radiant Moon

Image courtesy of Josephine Wall

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Summer Time

This has been a pretty good summer for us in the Northwest. Lots of days with plenty of sun. Many farmers are having record yields from their crops. It is wonderful to have such an abundance of food. Even backyard gardens are doing extremely well. Flowers and bushes are in full bloom and so very beautiful! There is a lot of give and take when the weather is like this.  There is a small problem though. Water. We haven't had much rain in southwest washington. When I look at Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Hood, I see a lot of the mountains and not much snow at all. That won't be good for the water tables.

But we don't have nearly the problems that California has. I was looking at some pictures of lakes in California and it makes me so sad. You can copy and paste this site I found on facebook.  http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/21/1323549/-Shocking-photos-This-is-what-drought-looks-like   

 Have a picnic, go for a boat ride, take the kids swimming.  Enjoy your summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment